5 Tips To Save Your Business From Energy Price Rises
Clicked on this blog? Congratulations, you’ve taken the first step to saving on your business energy.
Every year on July 1 most energy retailers will change their energy rates for Australian businesses in New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia.
So what steps can you take to start saving money for your business?
- Replace bulbs. Quality LED light bulbs last 5 to 10 times longer than halogen light bulbs and consume 25% of the energy to produce the same light output.
- Check the stars. If you’re looking to introduce or replace outdated appliances in your business it’s key to check the power star rating. Invest in appliances and devices that are as energy-efficient as possible.
- Standby. From monitors to laptop chargers - devices on ‘standby’ may be responsible for up to 10% of your business energy consumption. Take charge of energy efficiency in your office and ask your team to unplug overnight.
- Use the sun. Solar energy is a clean, free, and renewable energy source. Solar panels might require an investment up front but that cost can be recovered within few years if solar energy is used to its full extent. There are also solar rebates in some areas that you might be able to take advantage of.
- Compare and save. When was the last time you compared your business energy rates? Make it Cheaper provides a free comprehensive service that enables you to find if there are cheaper energy rates for your business. It’s quick, simple, and completely free service. Make it Cheaper also compares energy companies that offer carbon offset solutions too- so you get to be green & save money on your energy bills.
Take the next step to securing cheaper energy for your business and talk to one of our energy experts today. To see how much you could save click here. Or you can skip the queue by emailing your bill to [email protected]